lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yay, though I walk through the shadow of...

Today I had been locked up in the house all day and so I decided to take a little stroll around the neighborhood. A little stroll turned into a big adventure. I found a creek and so I decided to follow it and see where it took me. In some areas I could walk on the rocky creek bed and in others I had to wade through the water. It was quite fun. I love walking through water (especially in chacos). After I'd been walking for a while I discovered that there was no way for me to get back to my neighborhood unless I retraced my way back the same way which I came. That seemed boring, so I decided to walk up the banks of the river; past children playing on a playscape in an apt. complex; through a convenient, previously made spot in the fence and onto the access road to I-35! There was no way around it. Believe me, I tried. So I walked and I prayed while cars zoomed past, giving me strange looks. After about 20 such looks I was back into my neighborhood. Whew!

3 Comments:

Blogger hlw said...

GREAT story!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

way to be adventurous!

8:12 PM  
Blogger hlw said...

I had a similar walk yesterday and discovered part of UT...fortunately, I did manage to find my starting point without playing on the highway!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home