End of the Saga
After too much monkeying around the campus, and even appearing INSIDE someone’s house, the monkey’s days are over. Today I suddenly heard much commotion and screaming outside. I thought it was about the huge cobra, which we’d recently found, which had come slithering into our living space but…it was the monkey. He ran up the stairs as the HOJ kids ran inside screaming. The seminary students from the NE were quick to follow in pursuit of the monkey. It’s been pestering us on campus for far too long now and they were up for a tasty treat. After much running around, tree-climbing and stone throwing the monkey finally breathed his last. I watched as they held it by tail and arm over an open fire. They slowly cooked it over the fire while taking it out every once in a while to skin it. They said it would cook for about 1.5 hours and so I left the wild men with their wild monkey at their campfire on the promise that they would bring me some monkey meat later on.
I was a little hesitant to try it but I finally took a bite. Just like every other meat tastes like another, this one tasted a bit like beef. Although, it was hard to know exactly what it tasted like because it was cooked in so many spices. Now I have the perfect answer to the question I inevitably get every time I return home from a foreign country. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home