lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Time To Shine


This last Friday was the day 60 fourth-graders at ACHS were all anxiously anticipating. This was the day they were going to be the stars of the school. The day they could wear their ‘colored dress’ and have their 15 minutes of fame. One student arrived at my door at 7am to ask me what kind of outfit he should wear even though I told them all at least 5 times what they should wear. He came back 3 subsequent times to ask more questions, to get approval of his outfit and to tell me that all the students were trying to find my house but that he sent them back to the school to wait. I expressed my appreciation and then I was off to school. When I arrived tens of students rushed to me to ask about practicing and where they should keep their school uniforms as such.

We were able to have one last practice before the bell rang and then it was show time! The students were all excited yet nervous about the different parts they held in the program. We started off with an introduction and bible reading and then they performed a dance to Share the Well and poem readings and we ended in prayer. Students from different grades have been performing such type assemblies for the last several weeks, which inspired the fourth graders to beg to do the same. They were the youngest class to conduct an assembly and they did an awesome job. All were impressed. Way to go 4A and 4B!!

Later in the day they were thanking me for helping them with the assembly. Then one girl said, "Thank you for you!" I didn't know how to respond. "You're welcome" just didn't seem appropriate. I can insinuate what she meant and I thought it was sweet.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Hey girl!

I read your blog b/c now we have broad band at home. yes, its unbelievable.

So happy you are doing well. It was nice talking to you the other day. I found out about your monkey confrontation through miriam. I think it will make a nice blog story.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

I was thinking the exact same things. ;)

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home