Since I’ve been in India I’ve had the opportunity to interact with hundreds of children through the school as well as those in the orphanage. As I am just one month away from my departure date I’ve been contemplating how much of a difference I’ve really made in these children’s lives. Recently, I’ve been teaching the fourth graders a song and dance for the school assembly on Friday morning. It’s been fairly crazy trying to get 60 fourth graders coordinated on dance moves, but they’ve caught on fairly quickly, and they and I are all enjoying ourselves (getting them to listen is a different story). Anyways, one of my students lives right next door and this evening I could hear him whole-heartedly singing Share the Well, the song which we are doing the dance to, in the bathroom. This is a song that he could have only learned from me. It struck me at that moment how unknowingly I have probably had an influence on so many. Many of the things I teach them, and the ways I act in front of them are imitated. I heard from a teacher at the school who has a niece in my class that she goes home and imitates ‘Heather Miss’. These may be small matters but hopefully God has used me to teach them life-changing concepts as well. I will never know the full impact of my time here, but I trust that God has used me in little ways I may never know. And, I thank Him for revealing a few of those ways to me.
Labels: India, influence, Share the Well
2 Comments:
That's awesome, Lippy! I'm sure they'll miss you but we're more than ready to have you back!
That's so cool, thanks for sharing. I think when we get to heaven it's going to be a time of sharing with people who impacted us and those we impacted sharing with us. Heaven is going to be great!
Post a Comment
<< Home