Hey...hey, I'm a monkey!
Recently a monkey’s been monkeying around the campus. Coincidentally, I had one of the first run-ins with it. I was visiting with the principal in her office after school. As we were leaving the office I was startled to see a strange face quickly coming towards me. It was at eye level and it really took me a few seconds to realize that a monkey, not a human, was standing less than 5 feet away from me. I didn’t scream because I think I was shocked. It was the last thing I expected to see! Rita and I turned right around and locked ourselves in the office. This monkey was huge! The kind you’d see in a zoo. We opened the windows and started making noises at it, trying to make it go away. It bore its ugly teeth at us and I thanked God that it hadn’t bitten me right through with those ugly fangs. Rita tried calling the office downstairs to alert them of our situation while I stared on in curiosity at this Darwinian creature. It really did have human-like features. It just sat there yawning, seemingly undisturbed by the whole situation, while I sat there behind the bars. We tried calling several people to no avail, so we decided to try shouting. Then we heard the car come for Rita and the driver was honking for her to come down. Rita called his cell phone but couldn’t reach him.

1 Comments:
stop monkeying around and get back to work!
Post a Comment
<< Home