lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

As I reflected back on this new year I realized that it really was one incredible year! God blessed me in so many different ways. I can't list everything, but here's a brief summary of the highlights...

God spoke to me very clearly at World Mandate 2008. An experience I will not soon forget. I'm thinking about attending this year's conference as well.


I was unemployed for about 3 months at the beginning of the year. But my time of unemployment was so blessed. I spent some awesome hours with God in prayer and He taught me to pray persistently and boldly. The result: I now work at one of the best places in Austin! Praise God for blessing me with a job I love!


During my time of unemployment I traveled with Lex to Corpus Christi. We had a really fun week together!


Much of he first half of the year was spent preparing our HS team for India. Then we traveled to ACA in July for two weeks. It was a very sweet reunion for me with many of my friends there. Here's our team...


This year was also the year for my 10 year HS reunion (I can't believe it's been that long). Peter graciously accompanied me to what was another awkward HS event. Glad to have gone, but not going to my 20th!


In August God blessed my sister and brother-in-law with another beautiful, healthy baby boy....Josiah!


Over Thanksgiving a group of us from different churches traveled down to Reynosa, MX to build houses and love on the members of the community. I stuccoed a bathroom and learned NEVER STUCCO WITHOUT GLOVES!


A week before Christmas, Peter and I attended my work Christmas party held in the new box offices at the north end of the UT Stadium. Did I say how much I love my job? Forgot to mention that I love my co-workers too. :)


This Christmas I was fortunate to spend some good quality time with all of my relatives here in TX and CA. Love you all and I'm so blessed to be included in this family! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home