lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Human in Water

I am not a fish in water. I definitely was not made to stick my face under water, breathe and jet from place to place. Don’t get me wrong…I love to be in the water! But, unlike some I was not born swimming. It’s something I never really learned how to do. So, last night I found myself attempting to swim laps in our new pool but really I was just trying to survive. I applaud those of you who swim so gracefully…especially those of you who exercise your skills in triathlons and the like. Better swimmers than I have tried to teach me to swim before. I know it’ll just take practice. Do basic swim lessons for grown adults exist? Can I use my wellness fund? I sense some lessons coming on…

2 Comments:

Blogger Dominic said...

Tom's Dive and Swim has adult swim lessons.

They also do diving classes, but you have to swim 12 lengths of their pool before you can take the diving classes. :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger hlw said...

we need to go to the pool ... soon and often.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home