test of faith
Last night at bible study we began our study on James. After a very concise intro, James jumps right in and says "consider it all joy...when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance".
I am definitely in the midst of a faith trial right now. Completely surrendering my lack of a job over to God is tough. By His grace I have been doing well, but I find myself still wanting to hold on. Next week, I will find out whether or not I have an offer from a company I think I'd really enjoy working for...this week I have to relinquish control. As I was reading over some old entries in my prayer journal I came across one that needs repeating.
january 15, 2008
"...Father, I thank you also for this faith stretching opportunity of possibly being laid off. Maybe this is your nudge to get me to leave Provenio. I've felt like maybe I should look for something else and now I am even more sure I need to do so. I pray your will be done in the next several days. I pray that you would arm me for battle. May I have the faith it takes to stand up under this trial. May I not quiver in fear of the unknown. May I look the unknown in the eyes and declare your known...your plans for me. I pray that I would trust & believe in that. May I have continued confidence in you. May I see the opportunities you have to work in this and not the possible negatives. May I let no negative thought dwell in my mind."
Labels: bible study, prayer

1 Comments:
Hang in there. We will pray for God's direction and provision.
Abraham & Laura
Post a Comment
<< Home