lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Monday, August 25, 2008

Check out the new Kerbey Lane!


Lynnae and I have a routine of eating lunch at the NW Kerbey Lane every Monday. Well things shifted a little today as our Kerbey moved to a new location. For those in Austin, you can now find Kerbey just south of Anderson Mill Rd. and Hwy 183 (turn in right after Cheddars and it's tucked back in the shopping center to the left). Since I'm in the business of Ratings and Reviews I've decided to give it a little R&R. ;)

The Ambiance: The ambiance is 100x better! I no longer feel like a rat is going to crawl out of the corner at any minute nor feel like my food just came from a kitchen caked in years of grease. Disappointingly, the walls aren't covered with local Austinite pieces of art but they've been replaced with scenery pictures from around Austin.

The Wait: Buzzers. They now have them! I don't know why we needed one though. We waited 10 min at 11:15...even though there were several tables available.

The Staff: The typical Kerbey employee does not seem to fit with the restaurants new makeover. This makes me wonder how long these employees will stick around and if the culture of the NW location will change. We saw many of the same friendly faces and some new ones. One recognizable waiter remembered us and came over to see what we thought of the new digs.

The Food: The food came out a lot quicker than it seemed to at the old location and it was still as tasty as ever. In fact it seemed even a little better actually. Maybe that was the influence of my surroundings.

Overall Rating:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Thomps said...

We went there and loved it - no wait! But, yes, it did seem a little too clean for Kerbey Lane. ;) I will take the no wait over 2+ hours wait any day, though!

4:38 PM  
Blogger hlw said...

Did you give up blog writing?

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home