chasing the cloud

"Sometimes the cloud stayed only from evening till morning, and when it lifted in the morning, they set out. Whether by day or by night, whenever the cloud lifted, they set out. Whether the cloud stayed over the tabernacle for two days or a month or a year, the Israelites would remain in the camp and not set out; but when it lifted, they would set out. At the Lord's command they encamped, and at the Lord's command they set out. They obeyed the Lord's order..."
Numbers 9:21-23
The Lord led the Israelites through the desert by his command, in His timing. The amount of time spent in one place could vary greatly to the next, a single night or even a full year. But, the Lord always directed when they would stay and when they would move. AND, the Israelites were obedient. I love picturing this historical event of God leading and God's people following.
Now, I typically enjoy change. There are usually two responses to change: resistance or restlessness. I am typically always ready for a new adventure, but pretty much everything in life is changing at this moment and it seems a bit daunting. I don't know where I'll end up...how things will turn out, but I trust that He knows what is best for me. Therefore, I'll remain when He asks me to remain, and today I'll pack up my tent and chase the cloud.

1 Comments:
hey fellow traveler, it's so nice to know that i'm not the only one whose life seems to be completely up in the air. :-) love you, venti
Post a Comment
<< Home