lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Around-the-clock

Too many things are competing for our attention today...entertainment, advertisements, people and the millions of thoughts that flood our heads as we hustle about from one thing to the next while they go unprocessed because of a lack of time. I've especially noticed this since coming back to the states. Americans are ENTIRELY too busy! We seem to have the mentality that some thing is amiss if there are too many unplanned hours in a day. This is such a different mentality than that of those in the Indian countryside. Although, when I was there I found myself still being a busybody, something was different. We weren't bound by the hands of a quickly ticking clock. So, coming back I find myself trying to resist the temptation to succumb to the norms of our society but it's difficult. There are SO many 'good' things to fill my schedule with. Even though I am trying to resist becoming too busy I still am at times. I know others struggle with the same exact thing. I find myself in the competition to win a small chunk of someone's time. Why do we subject ourselves to the stress of cramming too much into our lives? When can we live as if we're off the clock? This is no doubt how God our Father wants us to live. He mentions 'rest' many times in his word. He knew the importance in sabbath, now when will I?

3 Comments:

Blogger kmac said...

good talking with you tonight, Tallie, be strong and know that I'm praying for you. Let's make some time for a walk / coffee / browsing at B&N sometime this week or next...love Venti

9:13 PM  
Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

when i get back, i'm going to kidnap you every sunday and make you observe the sabbath. i'm sure i'll need you to do the same for me.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Awesome Lexi! I'll be sure to do the same for you...although I'm not sure we can still call it a kidnapping if we're kidnapping one another.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home