Disenchanting reunion
Today Veda and Monica’s mother came to visit. When I saw her it was so plainly obvious that she was their mother. Her face and Veda’s are almost identical. These girls are normally so talkative and cheery but they didn’t say a word. It could’ve been the language barrier but I think it was inhibition that silenced them. Their mother left them at the ACA 3 years ago. She said that she was their aunt and that their mother had died and their father was a drunkard. It was only later that the ACA found out the real truth. So I can understand why these girls are hesitant to act as if everything were fine and to speak with their mother. Trust has been broken. Their little hearts and minds cannot grasp why their mother would do such a thing. Why did she leave them? Why did she lie? Why do their older sisters still get to stay at home? Do their parents really love them? Today when she left they shed many tears, which were the only way they were able to express their hearts. How do you comfort children who have gone through such a thing? What do you reveal about these devastating truths while still protecting them? I really feel for these girls. I can recall how tough it was when my parents went through their divorce. The weights of these emotions are almost unbearable for such a young heart to carry.

1 Comments:
I realize that this post is totally biased on the part of the children. I can't help it! I'm in love. I do realize that this mother brought them here out of love and a hope for them for a better future. I still feel that it's hard on the children and their relationship with their mother.
Post a Comment
<< Home