lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tip 2

2. Have a good stash of illuminating devices on hand. You never know when the next power outage will be. Almost everyone owns an emergency lamp. It's a necessity. You never know when you will be deprived of "current" as they say. Today we were left in the dark for about 4 hours. Call me strange but I actually enjoy the power outages. It's pretty fun sitting around chatting in the dark and fumbling your way around. Doesn't everyone have great memories involving power outages? Two stories come to my mind. I was at a family reunion in S. Oregon in the Redwoods when a storm came and left us with no power in our cabin. I remember having so much fun playing card games with my family by candlelight. Then I also remember a time in college during final exams when we procrasitnated, err...I mean...studied by candlelight. We enjoyed it so much that when the power came back we turned off all the lights and continued to study only by the flicker of the flame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

and whoo hoo for power outages. we were without for about 6+ hours today. i think it's so fun we get to enjoy these things "together" in a way! :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Yes, it really is! Although it would be A LOT more fun if we were actually physically together. :)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home