lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Indonesia




Hello! I've finally gotten a chance to write you about my trip so far. Obviously I made it here safe. I've had a great time with my friends and I believe they would say likewise. The trip so far has been very enjoyable and relaxing (thanks for praying!). It's so awesome to be able to experience a place that I'd probably not venture to if my friends had not been here. I'm on a small island to the east of Java. I've seen a lot of cultural similaries here compared with other countries I've visited before...yet somehow it's still different. My friends and I have mostly hung out around town doing some shopping and language practice with the locals. It definitely makes it easier to venture around with them since they know Bahsa Indonesia. The most exciting things we've done were to take a trek to some beautiful waterfalls and stay at a beautiful island resort right along the beach. To give you a little taste of the culture and my experience here I've summarized below:


Most beautiful sight:
Waterfall about 75 meters high
2nd Most beautiful sight: Sunset over the beach
Grossest smell: Sulfur showers (smells like someone who just ate a ton of eggs stepped into the bathroom with me and let a really big one)
Food consumed most often: fish
Best form of transportation: Chidomo (small horse-drawn covered cart)
Coolest relief: AC!!!!
Favorite purchase: Beaded hand-made belt
Firsts: Walking on a black sand beach and being south of the equator.


P.S. I'll upload pictures later. There's no SD drive at this internet cafe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

oh wow, that's so beautiful! i'm jealous! so glad to hear you had a great time!

6:30 PM  
Blogger kmac said...

hey how come you look tall in the recent pictures you've sent? :-) your tall friend

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home