Spelunking
My friends and I decided that we wanted to go spelunking this past weekend. After considering our options and realizing that there were really few caves that we could actually explore, we decided on Airman's cave. This was the same cave that made national headlines two weeks ago. I was a tad bit nervous but I was also pumped at the thrill of doing something so exhilarating. We took all the necessary precautions and you might even say that we were a little too cautious. Heather and Alexia both beat me to writing up posts on our adventure, so you can read more about it on their blogs as well as see more pics. I do want to mention a few memories though:
- The gorgeous day of hiking (and bouldering) in the green belt
- Tripping on the rock as I tried to show off my creek running skillz
- Alexia, who kept saying, "Airmans looks really similar to that cave..."
- Sitting 30 minutes in the cave trying to determine what we could really take with us through the birth canal (which is less than 18 in. in diameter!)
- The sense of acheivement I had after crawling through the birth canal
- Heather calling it the "birth control"
- Inching like a worm through the very tight crawl spaces
- Turning off our headlamps and sitting in complete silence and darkness for 2 minutes
- Just chillin' in the small underground rooms admiring another area of God's creation


1 Comments:
Oh yes, I say the best things at times!
On a serious note, I'm glad that you mentioned the silence. That was my favorite part of the adventure, and I forgot to say anything about it!!
On an unreleated note, I hope you are having a great week at work!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home