India on the Heart of God
Every once in a while I have memories that take me back to my time spent in India, but for the past 24 hours God has especially been laying India upon my heart. It began as I was writing birthday cards for the HOJ kids. I realized how much I miss them and desperately desire to go back and see them...and soon! I want to give them all a big hug and talk with them. It's a little easier staying in touch with the adults because I can either call or email, but fellowship through the phone and email is not the same as in person. I may have a chance to go back to co-lead the GCC youth there on a trip this summer but still that seems far away! Poignant memories keep flooding my mind. Memories about all those relationships God allowed me to be a part of. Memories about the hospitality of brothers and sisters I barely knew, of tucking the HOJ girls in at night, the awesome trip to Agra and Allahabad, the ministries of many, the dedication in which some lived out their lives to the Lord and to spreading the gospel, the millions disillusioned by thousands of gods. I am still impacted by the lives that many of them lived. I'm humbled when I think of the affluence of my life compared to millions there. I'm challenged by those completely dedicated to the Lord and to spreading His name and His glory. Recently I've been praying for God to reveal to me the passions He has given me and indeed His passions, and I know India is on His heart.
Great is the Lord in Zion;
he is exalted over all the nations.
Let them praise your great and awesome name—
he is holy. ~Ps 99:2-3

3 Comments:
Remember that today you can prepare for tomorrow. Make decisions today that will help you pursue your heart for India next year, five years from now or even twenty years from now. KM
Yes, that's what I'm praying for...that I would follow God's leading and that He'd prepare me for whatever is to come. Now I just need to practice patience. ;)
The kids at HOJ will be thrilled to know that you may be visiting them in the summer! I praise God for your love for those little ones.
Abraham
Post a Comment
<< Home