lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Friday, October 26, 2007

A job well done

Since I started my job 4 months ago I've been concerned about performing my best. I think part of this stems from the fact that I'm working for a friend, an elder at the church. But mostly it's because I know this is what My Heavenly Father desires of me. I've been motivated to strive for the best by the words in Colossians 3:22-23, "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." I've been studying I Timothy and a similar concept is mentioned in 6:2 about working for our earthly masters, "Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are brothers. Instead, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them..."

This week I've been discouraged by some challenges with our sales teams. Being in marketing I feel closely related to these challenges and as if it's partly my responsibility for these things to go well. Honestly, I've been praying, but not fully releasing this anxiety to Him. This morning though I was able to come into work with a new perspective, realizing that there is no reason to worry. What makes today even more delightful is that my boss expressed to me that he was glad I was on their team and that I'm doing a good job!

This reminds me of words from another man I'm working for...the BIG man upstairs. How much more desirous should I be to work well for my Heavenly Master of whom I hope to hear the words, "Well done good and faithful servant!" Oh, that I may live my life in such a way that I will hear those words and what an even more joyous day it will be!

1 Comments:

Blogger hlw said...

:)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home