lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Thursday, September 27, 2007

O, What a Wretched Woman

Yesterday was Wednesday...miercoles...hump day. Translation: Bible study night! I always look forward to this night. The very first thing Daniel asked us to do was to write down whatever was on our minds. This was the very last thing I wanted to do. I was looking forward to getting my mind off of the very things it was mulling on. But, realizing that was a good indication that I needed to deal with what I was thinking about, I complied. Then we went into our scripture study for the night. The passage was Phil 4:2-9. Many familiar verses are within this passage...and of course, they were perfect for the moment (God's timing is always awesome isn't it?). We talked about being anxious and what it means to "not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I realized once again that my anxiety about anything is a lack of trust in an ever faithful God. I was reminded previously in the week that my faith is indeed as small as a mustard seed..and maybe even smaller. Yet with this tiny seed of faith God says I can move mountains. Sometimes I doubt even that!

After bible study I read an excellent article written by my roomate-to-be, Melody. The faith and joy she exudes in overcoming the difficulty of cancer is an incredible thing! What would be my reaction? It sounds like she has truly been guarded by "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding..." Ohh...

What a wretched [woah]man I am![!!!]
Who will rescue me from this body of death?
Thanks be to God- through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Romans 7:24-25a

Praise the Lord for His grace, mercy and love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home