Let your light shine
Last night I went to AHOP. While praying I had a vision of the horizon of the earth covered in a dark could of oppression. Above it was our completely awesome God. But, people were unaware He was above, in control, reaching out to them. It was impressed upon me how magnificant and wonderful our God is! He is completely awesome and worthy of praise and adoration and yet so many do not know Him or know about Him. His character is not being fully proclaimed on the earth and many are living in bondage to evil and sin. It was also impressed upon me that His children need to continue to proclaim His name. Not to hide this truth we have in our hearts from the world. Jesus says to us, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl...In the same way, let you light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven." Matt 5: 14-16.
Why isn't God our Father the one topping the media headlines? Why isn't He the buzz of conversation around the world? He is totally deserving of it. He is completely awesome! He isn't the one people automatically think of when searching for truth. The world is blinded. He is the only one who can change hearts. Lord, may your kingdom come! Open their eyes to see You! May we be like Jeremiah, who spoke of violence and destruction, and yet said, "But if I say, 'I will not mention Him or speak any more in His name,' His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." Jer 20:9

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home