lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Momentous weekend

This weekend Reba and I ventured up to Dallas for Trina's wedding. We left a little later than we had originally intended to but we thought we wouldn't miss too much. Then buckets of rain stormed our path and we were met with mucho trafico. We ended up missing the whole wedding rehearsal and most of the dinner. Everyone was really gracious though and they were more concerned about our welfare than the fact that we were 3 hours late!

The next day we joined the girls for an early morning lingerie shower and a bridal brunch. Afterwards we hung around and later got ready for the wedding. The wedding was simple, laid back and real sweet. I enjoyed watching Paul's face during the ceremony because he was so sweet and sincere in all his words towards Trina. It was really great to get to spend some good time with Trina before she left for her honeymoon and eventually to CA. It was also sweet to see how well their families get along. After the reception about 30 people joined in to help clean up and it was such a wonderful picture of love and community.

Today we dropped off Fara in Dallas and then Reba and I met my sister, bro-in-law and nephew for lunch. I'm so glad we got to see them! James is growing up so fast and he is still VERY adorable. Not too long after we had gotten on the freeway to go home we noticed a loud sound coming from the car. We soon realized that we had a flat. We saw that a rest stop was not too far ahead and so we tried to make it but the tire blew out before we made it fully in. Reba called AAA while I went to go see if I could figure out where we were along I-35. When I came back I saw that two Army guys had stopped to help us out. They put on the donut while we warned them of oncoming semi's. We were on our way again in no time. We found out that there was a Wal-mart about 20 miles away and so we eased back onto the freeway driving a hazardly slow speed while semi's barelled past. About 10 miles down the road we noticed Brian and Laurel pulling up...wondering who this was going 50 mph on I-35. They were as surprised as we were to find out who it was! It was crazy! We called them up and met they met us down the road at the Wal-mart...with Braum's shakes in hand. We hung out in the automotive as well as the hunting section while the two women working the tire center fixed our flat. Fortunately we were back on our way shortly and we had an uneventful ride the rest of the way back. By the end of the trip we were exhausted. But all in all it was a great weekend! I'm so thankful for the ways God was SO gracious to us throughout it all!!

Things I'll remember:

Dancing in the traffic jam in Fort Worth
Walking right in as Trina was introducing us at the dinner
Naming "presents" for Trina and Paul
Paul's face as he was gazing into Trina's eyes during the ceremony
James' sweet smile and dimple
Our blowout

9 Comments:

Blogger hlw said...

Sounds like a great adventure!

1:48 PM  
Blogger BB said...

"Dancing in the Traffic Jam in Fort Worth"? You sure your dancing didn't cause the traffic jam?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

P&P do you delight in tormenting me, keeping me in suspense of who you are? Reveal yourself! ;)

9:31 AM  
Blogger BB said...

Alright, alright, here's a hint . . . I'm miffed that you came all the way to Dallas and didn't visit our family of four!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Is it Abraham and Laura?!? I'm sorry I miffed you. :(

4:53 PM  
Blogger BB said...

You got it! Just kidding about the miffed part. Would love to see you if you are in town again and have some time to stop over.
Abraham

7:34 PM  
Blogger noell said...

Sounds like a crazy adventure! So fun though - that's what makes for good memories and I'm glad you guys had fun!

10:34 PM  
Blogger noell said...

oh, and we still need to do lunch!

10:34 PM  
Blogger hlw said...

glad you figured out who it is :)

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home