
Today our church had a dam good service. Ok, let me just stop and say I'm sorry but I couldn’t resist the dam joke a second time. ;) This word is not a supposed curse word as it is in the States. In fact it's used here faily frequently to express emphasis on another adjective. So, let's just say I'm using Indian English. ;)

We went for a picnic and worship at Krishnagiri dam. Most of the families from ACA came along for the worship service, games, lunch, and a walk along the dam. I and several others ventured off and tramped through the river. It was an awesome time!

A little about the games, the first game was a bit like mad libs. One partner had to write down any question and the other was supposed to write down a random answer and neither one could discuss it beforehand. I wrote, “Who was the person God talked to through the donkey?" My partner's answer was awesome, she said, “It was you!” Even though I was essentially called an ass I thought it was hilarious. For the next game they blindfolded both of us and I was supposed to eat some candy.

Afterwards, they sent me off to find my partner (while still blindfolded) and I was supposed to put a piece of candy in her mouth, all in 5 minutes. I ate the candy fine and even found her fairly quickly, but when I found her I got too excited and dropped the candy, so I went down on hands and knees in search of it. When I finally found it I stuffed it in her mouth and we won. All in all, it was a great day of delighting in the Lord and engaging in childish gaiety.
3 Comments:
Hi Heather! I'm Mike Werle's sister and may have met you when visiting Austin at some point...well, since then, I moved here here from Boulder! I saw your blog on Tiffany's, and started reading it a little over a month ago. So fun to read of all your adventures and see the pictures ... thanks for sharing!!!
and that was a dam (damn?) good post ;-)
Hey Heather! I'm glad you're a reader now. ;) I remember meeting you briefly once before. You seemed like a great girl to share a name with. I'll see you again soon in Austin. Lexi, Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home