lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Children of the House of Joy

This afternoon I headed out of the house with a bag of candy in hand. I wanted to meet the House of Joy children and I thought the candy might break the ice. Nothing like the promotion of taking candy from a stranger. ;) The children seemed very joy-filled. They were eager to meet me and were delighted that I ate lunch with them. They kept shouting "Auntie! Auntie!" and then would ask many of the ponderings they had.

Later in the afternoon I went to play frisbee with them. Most of them already knew how to play because previous American visitors had taught them. They quickly grew tired of tossing it back and forth and so I decided to teach them a miniature game of ultimate frisbee. Haha!! They loved it! Although tackling is not usually a part of the game, they put it in their game books. They tackled left and right while giggling hilariously. They wanted me to join them for devotion time later in the evening. I asked the man who overseas them, James, and he said it was okay.

When I arrived he said that I should go sit up front. I said "Oh no, I'm fine right here, thank you" with a big smile, to which he replied "Aren't you giving the devotion?" I was like "Me? Devotion?" I hadn't prepared anything nor did I even bring a bible. All I had on hand was my frisbee. So he told me that they'd sing and then afterward I could give a devotion. I borrowed a bible from one of the girls and quickly started praying. I decided to share about Mary's trust in God in Luke 1, which is what I had just read in the morning. The children sang some beautiful songs and a couple of the boys sang solos which were amazing! They I got up to share my quickly thrown together devotion. Nonetheless, I trust that God used it in spite of my unpreparadness. I'm excited to know them better and to allow myself to be used by God to be an example to them.

4 Comments:

Blogger amar rama said...

Very cool :-) You go girl!
Seriously though if I visit Bangalore and come to find out that they think ultimate frisbee is cooler than cricket, you have a lot to answer for.

8:56 AM  
Blogger noell said...

Heddo hedder! Just for you I got a blogspot account so i could comment! I'm so excited for your first day - seems like it went SO well! We love you so much and miss you a ton!!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger amusingt said...

Sounds like lots of fun; I wonder if we should bring tackling into our games of ultimate frisbee? Probably not...

Well, I hope that each day will bring you new adventures like this one...once you start teaching the adventure will never end. They always find a way of bringing something new to the classroom (whether you want it or not!)

9:32 AM  
Blogger amusingt said...

By the way, Tiffany is texasteacher (previously created blogger account name)

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home