Unhappy Non-customer
"This is Chevron/Texaco card services. Please give us a call at 1-800-243-8766. Thank you!"
This is an automated call I've received at least once a week for the past several weeks. I actually called this number last week to ask them to stop calling because I in fact do not have an account with them, but the cs rep told me that there was nothing to do if I didn't have an account #. She told me to stay on the line the next time I received this automated call and a live rep would pick up the call and then we could resolve it. Sounded reasonable enough. So, that's what I did.
I received my call yesterday afternoon, I waited until the message was over...awaiting to talk to the rep and get this resolved. But then, silence. An empty promise. I called this 1-800 # they so kindly left me again and we repeated a similar conversation I had with them a week ago.
"Can I have your account # please?"
"I don't have one, and actually that's why I'm calling. You see, I keep getting these calls from this automated machine..."
"I'm sorry but I can't help you if I don't have an account #"
"I'd really rather not receive these calls anymore. Is there any way you can take my # off 'the list'? Can you check and see if Mr. _____ Hernandez is associated with my #?"
"No maam, there are many Mr. _____ Hernandez'. I suggest you wait for another call and stay on the line. There should be someone who answers at the end."
"And if there isn't?"
"Call us back again."
....and what? Have the same conversation a third time? The exact response an unhappy non-customer wants to hear. Am I stuck in the chevron catch 22? Is there a way out?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home