lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Treasures from India




Don, the youth pastor from my church returned from the ACA earlier this month. He was checking it out for himself before we venture boldly over there together with a dozen high-schoolers. He said it was one of the most rewarding trips he's ever been on! He had a chance to teach some bible classes at the school and preach in chapel several days. A friend of mine, who is a prof at the seminary, told me that after Don's message the students felt convicted about the need for more unity among them. Awesome!

Don told me that he found the trick to relating to the students. I was inquisitive and asked, "Oh yeah, what's that?" He said, "they didn't respond when they introduced me as so and so from such and such church, but when I told them I was a friend of Heather Lippincott they all perked up." Then he said he added on and told them that he was bringing me back in July and they all became very excited. It gave me warm fuzzies to hear that I'm still cared for by my friends there.

Something else exciting was that he brought back a couple of packets of letters...mostly from the students I taught last year. They are filled with belated Christmas and New Years greetings, early birthday wishes, promises that they are awaiting my return and treasured gifts (like the one above ;)). The letters are very sweet. The incorrect grammar cracks me up (and makes me a little sad that they seem to have digressed), but so far I haven't found anything as funny as the book summary one student turned in last year. I'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home