lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Saturday, December 09, 2006

One after the other

Thursday was a frantic day of many performances. First, in the morning at the school assembly, I and some others made a human pyramid made to look like a Christmas tree as we shared the real meaning of Christmas. I held the star at the top of the tree. Matthew kept saying, “Heather, please don’t fall. Please don’t fall.” We all desperately tried to hold our tree as the gospel message was being shared. I felt Christine sinking and finally she said “Get down!” Little did I realize that she was beginning to black out. We sang a song after our pyramid and by the end Christine fainted. Next, we went to the chapel to sing our song, this time without Christine, for the seminary students. Thankfully, that went well.

In the afternoon I was in a skit which we had been practicing for quite some time now. This skit was a requirement for Hermeneutics and we were to interpret the text and make it as real to life as possible. Our group decided to do the Tower of Babel since all 11 of us knew different languages. The whole of last week we practiced for hours on end. It was pretty fun but many times there was a lot of arguing on how things should be said/done etc. At times it was a bit frustrating. Thursday afternoon we all got together to prepare. We all dressed up in sacks; put on our long hair, mustaches and beards; rubbed mud onto ourselves; and prayed. By the grace of God, our group bonded together and we gave an awesome performance! Everyone who came to watch it thoroughly enjoyed it...as did we. It really was so much fun! I’ll miss acting with my Babylonian buddies! Guess which one is me.




1 Comments:

Blogger Alexia & Jeffrey said...

oh my gosh heather i love that pictures - it's hilarious! i'm glad you had so much fun with the performance!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home