lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jesus is coming!!

I praise God for another wonderful opportunity to go a village near our campus. As we were driving into the village, children started running after our cars and yelled, “Jesus is coming!!” Why, yes he is and he is coming soon, but we are certainly not Jesus! Regardless, these kids knew that we were the people coming to talk them about our Lord and Savior. There was no need of gathering children for our meeting. About 100 children and adults flocked to us and followed us to a sister’s home where we had our meeting. Of course they could not all fit inside the home, but they stood in the doorway awaiting the message we were going to bring. After we sang and acted out songs, we made a clear gospel presentation using a 5 colored beaded bracelet. The children were so attentive and very interested to hear this story we had to tell. Their eagerness was awesome! Their eyes opened up wide when they heard about heaven, then sullen when hearing about sin. I saw glimmers of hope reappear on their faces as we told them about Jesus and the free gift of a new life that He offers us. I even caught one girl crying as she listened to the story.

I came away from this experience amazed at these villagers eagerness to hear the gospel. All we needed to do was share it! There are so many groupings of people ALL over the world like them. They are anxiously waiting (whether they realize it or not) for someone to bring them this GOOD NEWS. All we need to do is to enter into their presence and to open our mouths! But, the workers truly are SO few. How can we reach these millions when we are but few in number! There is much work to be done! The harvest is truly SO plentiful here in India as it currently is in several other parts of world as well. My firsthand witness and experience of Matthew 9:37 was very eye opening. Before, I knew of the need but now I am absolutely positive of it!

2 Comments:

Blogger amar rama said...

Hah funny coincidence. Kim, I and the rest of us did the same bracelet thing across the border in Reynosa, Mexico while you were using it in India :) Funny how God works.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Awesome! It's a great little tool. :) I'm so excited you guys went to La Mexico. I want to hear more about your trip! Dios es magnifico!!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home