lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!


Happy Thanksgiving! My dad sent me this picture of my sister and I from a past Thanksgiving. Aren’t we cute? It’s very different not celebrating American holidays. Several times today I thought “Wow, it’s Thanksgiving today. Where are all the Christmas decorations? Where are all the specials on turkeys, yams, canned fried onions and stuffing?” The weather is still very pleasant, not very chilly at all. It’s perfect for a fun game of touch football…but, no football. Even though I’m not able to enjoy the typical American Thanksgiving I still have many reasons to be thankful! Here are my top ten:

I’m thankful for…

10. An internet connection in the Indian countryside

9. Chicken curry (a great turkey substitute) and chipati

8. The time off from school (on account of a Sports day)

7. The fun care package I got this week

6. The joyful children currently in my life

5. A surprise financial blessing

4. Friends I’ve made here at ACA

3. Good news of my dad’s health

2. Awesome friends and family which God has blessed me with

And…

1. The grace through faith God gave me to believe in Him and therefore be saved.

3 Comments:

Blogger amar rama said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:23 PM  
Blogger amar rama said...

Excellent! Btw, the more popular spelling is either chapati ir chapatti :) instead of chipati .. just a fyi.

we miss you.
-ramas

2:25 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Thanks! I'll make sure to make you both some curry and chapati when I return. Miss you too!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home