lippylou

Musings of Lippy: Revealing a bit of the ponderings of my mind without revealing too many secrets of the heart (this is the internet ya know. ;)).

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm feeling hot hot hot

Yesterday I experienced the hottest meal of my life! No, I didn't just eat it, I experienced it. Some friends invited me over for lunch for a meal called briyani. It consists of rice and pieces of beef cooked in tons of spices. My mouth started to burn as soon as I put the first bite into my mouth. The sensation then went to my lips. Soon after, my nose ran like a faucet, my eyes watered and my face turned red. I've never experienced anything quite like it. The spiciness was almost too much to handle but it was SO good! I keep eating and eating. Later, I could literally feel it moving down my digestive track burning everything along the way. The fire subsided just before dinner, which consisted of...you guessed it...briyani! Thankfully the cafeteria served a much milder version.

2 Comments:

Blogger amusingt said...

I don't know how you did it! I am such a chicken when it comes to eating really spicy food like that. You are a model to follow! I admire you more for this...you know, the important things! :-)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Lippy said...

I'm glad I can be such a role model for you in these difficulties life has to offer. ;)

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home